Early Career Researchers’ meeting
Following the highly informative and productive Early Career Researchers’ meeting in Wismar, PLDC invites interested pre-docs and post-docs to evaluate the changes and developments since the last meeting and discuss the next concrete steps to be taken to coordinate and structure the lighting research landscape.
The meeting will take place on 1. November, 2017, at the Palais des Congrès between 13.30- 16.00.
13.00 – 13.30
• Welcome and update on the status quo on the Lighting Research landscape:
Early Career Researchers’ website/portal, bridging the gap to the practising lighting design community, the Alliance.
• Input from researchers attending: new areas of research, communication between universities/research institutes, and more.
13.30 – 14.30
• Report from Prof. Werner Osterhaus + other members of the Think/Do Tank on Education and the Profession who are present on:
The inclusion of Research Methodology in the Core Curriculum for academic institutions.
• Guest speaker Dr. Amardeep Dugar on:
Scientific training and critical assessment techniques – short-term goals for long-term effect.
• Following the presentation there will be time for response and discussion.
14.30 – 15.00
• Concluding remarks
• Next steps – next meeting.
Please download the programme here.
Attendance is free-of-charge. To register please contact Kristina Lutscher, email@example.com
For more information on the Early Career Researchers meeting please contact Alison Ritter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Researchers’ meeting in November 2016 in Wismar/DE.